We all love our morning beverage of choice. But this is for the tea lovers! A cup of tea is a pleasant way to enjoy many potentially important health benefits.
Understand the Health Claims
- What’s the difference in the different kinds of tea? All tea comes from one plant called Camellia sinensis. Depending on how it’s processed, it becomes green, black, white or oolong. All teas seem to have some health benefits, but those that are less processed are superior so you may want to focus on green and white teas.
- What is the basis for the health claims? The power of tea comes from the antioxidants it contains that can slow down cell damage due to aging and diseases like cancer. In particular, tea contains a category of antioxidants called catechins that are even more effective than vitamins C and E in boosting your immune system.
- Recognize the limitations. The Food and Drug Administration concludes that there is insufficient evidence to allow tea manufacturers to put health claims on their labels about lowering the risk of heart disease or cancer. Still, many health experts think a growing body of research is promising, if still tentative.
- Credits to tea. Tea has been credited with reducing the risk for many cancers as well as heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes. Other benefits may include lower cholesterol, improved memory and burning body fat more efficiently.
Manage Potentially Harmful Interactions
- Relax about iron absorption. You may have heard that the tannins in tea and coffee interfere with your body’s ability to absorb iron. Fortunately, most Americans get more iron than they need so it’s usually not an issue.
- Avoid mixing tea with aspirin and some prescription drugs. Consuming tea and aspirin together can cause internal bleeding because they both inhibit platelets from clotting. The same is true for prescription blood thinners. Follow your doctor’s recommendations for all prescription drugs. (Side note: CanniVie CBD Ahhhhh cream is a great natural alternative for the relief of pain, inflammation and swelling. It is also topical for your convenience)
- Talk with your doctor if you have any concerns about caffeine. Caffeine is a mild stimulant that’s safe for most people in moderation. On the other hand, you may want to discuss consuming any caffeinated beverages with your doctor if you take drugs for conditions like high blood pressure or heart disease.
Get The Most Benefits
- Give tea time to steep. Steeping brings out the catechins in tea as well as the full flavor. Let it sit for three to five minutes. When using any of the flavors of CanniVie.com CBD tea, we recommend using an infuser to steep.
- Aim for about 3 cups a day. Based on countries where people drink a lot of tea, it’s reasonable to assume that several cups a day is a safe level. Morning, to get you going. Afternoon to shake off that afternoon slump. And nighttime to relax or cleanse your system
- Visit the CanniVie.com tea shop. If most supermarket brands leave you feeling disappointed and/or you want the extra benefits of CBD, visit our virtual tea shop to discover our new flavorful delicious blends. Currently, we have green tea, black tea, chamomile tea, healthy detox and cleanse tea, and the customer favorite ……. passionfruit tea!
- Make the switch from soft drinks to tea. While many doctors think some of the worst charges against soda may be exaggerated, sugary soft drinks are taking a toll on public health. The empty calories contribute to obesity and colas may lower mineral bone density. Tea is a healthier choice. We even post tasty recipes for sweet tea, iced tea and more on Instagram.com/RealCanniVie
- Read those bottled tea labels. Many bottled teas contain very little tea and may be loaded with sugar. Make the real thing instead. And you can bottle it yourself. That way you will have the satisfaction of knowing you are getting all the amazing benefits of tea!
A few cups of tea a day is an easy way to put more antioxidants into your diet and may help protect you from many serious diseases. Talk with your doctor about your individual concerns and make tea part of your daily routine. Looking for a new favorite premium tea? CanniVie.com has multiple amazing flavors to choose from for every tea lover!